Are you struggling to train your large dog? Are you tired of their misbehavior and the harm they can cause to others?
If so, you may be considering a good shock collar to help correct their behavior. But with so many options on the market, it can be difficult to choose the right one.
That’s where we come in! In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best strong shock collars for large dogs that are not only effective but also safe for your furry friend.
We’ll be reviewing the features and benefits of each collar, as well as any potential drawbacks. By the end of this article, you will have a clear understanding of which shock collar is best suited for your dog’s training needs.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Dog Shock Collar?
- 2 4 Best Strong Shock Collars For Large Dogs
- 3 How to Train Your Dog With a Shock Collar?
- 4 Buying Guide – Factors to Consider
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5.1 Q) Are shock collars safe for large dogs?
- 5.2 Q) How long does it take to train a dog with a shock collar?
- 5.3 Q) Are there any alternatives to using a shock collar for training large dogs?
- 5.4 Q) Can shock collars be used for aggressive behavior in large dogs?
- 5.5 Q) Can shock collars be used for barking control?
- 5.6 Q) How often should I use a shock collar on my large dog?
- 6 Conclusion
What is Dog Shock Collar?
A dog shock collar is a device used to train dogs by delivering an electric shock. It is usually worn around the neck and can be activated remotely by the owner or trainer.
The shock level can be adjusted to a variety of intensities and is used to correct negative behaviors such as excessive barking, jumping on people, or running away.
It is important to note that shock collars should only be used under the guidance of a professional dog trainer or veterinarian, and should never be used as a punishment or without consideration for the dog’s well-being.
It is also recommended to consider alternative training methods before resorting to the use of a shock collar.
4 Best Strong Shock Collars For Large Dogs
Here are our top researched best strong shock collars for large dogs with comprehensive analysis of their features, pros, and cons, to help you make an informed decision.
#1 Delupet Dog Shock Collar
- Safe & effective training modes
- Long-range remote capability (1600ft)
- Multi-dog training (up to 4 dogs)
- Efficient charging (2 hours for full charge)
- BIPX7 waterproof collar with adjustable strap
- Easy-to-use interface with memory function
- Long-lasting battery life (up to 35 days standby)
The Delupet dog shock collar is a highly featured training collar designed to train large dogs. It comes with three safe modes: Beep, Vibrate, and Shock, allowing the owner to choose the right stimulation levels for their pet.
The collar is equipped with a security keypad lock to prevent accidental pushes and has a range of up to 1600ft, which makes it easy to train dogs indoors and outdoors. The IPX7 waterproof collar is adjustable to fit dogs weighing over 10 pounds with neck measurements ranging from 8 to 24.4 inches.
The collar is easy to operate with large buttons and a clear digital screen. It has a memory function for settings and can train up to four dogs without resetting it. The collar and remote can last up to 35 and 45 days, respectively, after fully recharging within two hours.
The vibrate and sound features work effectively in correcting a rescue dog’s nuisance barking, jumping, and lack of focus when issuing commands. The vibrate is strong enough to redirect the dog even when it is honed in on a squirrel.
The device’s quality is praised by many customers, and its many features are appreciated, such as the convenient size of the remote, large enough not to lose and small enough to tie to a leash or put in a pocket. Although the “lock” feature is also appreciated, well some customers do not find it anything special.
However, one negative feedback is that there is no guidance on which shock levels are appropriate for dogs of various weight brackets. Overall, it is advisable to start with the lowest setting and work up if the dog is not responsive.
- 3 safe modes: Beep, Vibrate, and Shock
- Security keypad lock and 1600ft remote range
- IPX7 waterproof collar with adjustable strap
- Easy to operate and can train up to 4 dogs
- Long battery life: 35 days standby for collar, 45 days for remote
- No guidance on shock levels for different dog sizes
#2 INVIROX Shock Collar for Large Dog
- Professional dog shock collar with 123 training levels
- Safe and waterproof for dogs weighing 8-110 lbs
- Up to 3350 ft range for training in any conditions
- Exclusive remote design for convenient training
- Lightweight and comfortable for your dog to wear
- Suitable for both novice and experienced dog owners
- Rechargeable with up to 45 days of battery life
- 24/7 customer service and 1-year warranty
The INVIROX Shock Collar is a professional dog shock collar with an exclusive remote design that features 123 training levels, beep (1-8) vibration (1-16), and shock mode (1-99).
This collar is suitable for dogs weighing between 8 lbs to 110 lbs, making it ideal for large dogs. It has a range performance of up to 3350 ft, making it suitable for training in any conditions, including parks, backyards, beaches, woods, and open fields.
One of the standout features of the INVIROX Shock Collar is its safety design. It comes with a security keypad lock that prevents misoperation, ensuring that accidental shocks are reduced. This collar is also 100% waterproof, with an IP67 e-collar rating, making it a suitable collar for dogs that love to swim or play in the water.
The collar’s customer service is top-notch and responsive, with a 24/7 customer service team available to address any issues that may arise. Additionally, the product comes with a 1-year warranty, giving dog owners peace of mind.
Although according to the customers, there are some cons to the INVIROX Shock Collar, they are minor and can be easily remedied. For example, the remote is not waterproof, but it can be put in a waterproof case. There is also a button on the remote that allows you to switch between different collars, which can be confusing if you have only one dog.
- Stimulation adjustment for best communication with dogs
- Wireless Long-range capability
- 100% waterproof and lightweight design
- Battery life is long-lasting
- Easy to pair, set up and use
- Quick and easy transfer from one dog to another
- Charger box not included
#3 DOG CARE Training Shock Collar
- Adjustable static level from 0-99 for dogs of all sizes
- 5 Safe and efficient training modes
- 9 channel maximum control with remote for multiple dogs
- Wireless remote with 1800 feet range
- IP67 waterproof and dust-proof for outdoor training
- Safe and humane training methods
- Easy-to-use remote control with LCD display
- Reliable and durable with high-quality materials
The Dog Care Training Shock Collar is a highly-rated dog training collar that provides five safe and efficient training modes (beep, vibration, shock, safety, and multiple control).
It has a range of up to 1800 feet, making it ideal for outdoor training, and is suitable for dogs of all sizes. Additionally, the collar is adjustable and has an IP67 waterproof and dust-proof rating, making it an excellent choice for multi-scene training.
One customer’s review revealed how the vibration feature of the collar helped their aging dog continue to explore outdoors while allowing the owner to summon the dog back. The product is user-friendly, and the construction of the remote and collar is top-notch, including a digital display on the remote and a rubber cover for the charging port to ensure waterproofness.
Another owner review warned of the shock feature’s strength and recommended testing the product on oneself before using it on a dog. The shock feature can be strong, so the reviewer recommended starting at level 10 and moving up to determine the best level for their dog.
Overall, the DOG CARE Training Shock Collar is an effective training tool for large dogs. The product has several features that make it useful, including adjustable static levels, five training modes, remote control, waterproof design, and long battery life.
- Adjustable static level from 0-99
- 5 Safe and efficient training modes
- Supports up to 9 dogs with only one remote
- Remote control has range of 1800 feet.
- IP67 waterproof and dust-proof.
- Vibration feature for training deaf dogs
- Digital display on the remote can be turned on and off to save battery life.
- Battery life may require charging every 2-3 days.
#4 Bousnic Dog Shock Collar for 2 Dogs
- Perfect for training dogs with 3 effective modes
- Dual-Channel remote for training 2 dogs
- Sleeker and smaller mini receiver for all sizes of dogs
- Rechargeable collar with built-in lithium battery
- Remote range of almost 1000FT
- Ergonomic remote with silicone cover for easy handling
- IPX7 waterproof collar allows for outdoor activities.
- Receiver lasts 11-15 days and remote lasts over 1 month on a single charge.
The Bousnic Dog Shock Collar is a versatile and efficient tool for training dogs. It offers three distinct modes of operation, including beep, vibration, and safe shock, which can be adjusted to up to 16 levels.
This collar is equipped with a dual-channel remote that allows you to train two dogs simultaneously and provides a range of up to 1000 feet. The collar is lightweight, comfortable, and adjustable, making it suitable for dogs of all sizes.
Moreover, the collar is rechargeable and waterproof, making it ideal for outdoor activities. The battery life is long-lasting, with the receiver lasting for 11-15 days, while the remote battery lasts for over a month.
Many users have praised the collar’s durability and effectiveness in curbing their dogs’ unwanted behavior, such as excessive barking and rough play. The collar’s vibration mode has also been reported to be useful in reminding dogs to stop unwanted behavior.
However, some users have found it challenging to train two dogs simultaneously with this collar, as it can be tough to get both dogs’ attention. Furthermore, some users have accidentally shocked their dogs while assuming the remote was in “sleep mode.”
- Three effective and harmless modes
- Almost 1000ft range makes it suitable for outdoor activities.
- Rechargeable with a long-lasting battery life.
- IPX7 waterproof, offering flexibility during outdoor activities.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Adjustable strength on vibration and shock.
- Responsive customer service.
- No Cons Yet
How to Train Your Dog With a Shock Collar?
Training a dog with a shock collar should always be done under the guidance of a professional dog trainer or veterinarian. Here is a complete guide video to use a shock collar to train your dog:
Buying Guide – Factors to Consider
If you’re looking to buy a strong shock collar for your large dog, it’s important to choose the right one. There are many factors to consider to ensure that you’re choosing the best and safest option for your furry friend. Here are some key things to keep in mind:
Size and weight: Make sure to choose a collar that is appropriate for your dog’s size and weight. A collar that is too small or too large can be ineffective or even harmful to your dog.
Intensity levels: Look for a collar that allows you to adjust the intensity of the shock, so that you can tailor the training to your dog’s individual needs. Make sure that the collar has a range of intensity levels, so that you can start with a low level and gradually increase if needed.
Range: Consider the range of the collar’s remote control. If you plan to use the collar at a distance, make sure that the range is long enough to allow for effective training.
Battery life: Check the battery life of the collar and remote control, and make sure that they are rechargeable or easy to replace.
Safety features: Look for a collar that has safety features such as automatic shut-off or a warning beep before the shock is administered. This can help prevent accidental or excessive shocks that can harm your dog.
Brand reputation: Choose a collar from a reputable brand that has positive customer reviews and a track record of producing safe and effective products.
Consult with a professional: Before using a shock collar, it is recommended to consult with a professional dog trainer or veterinarian to ensure that you are using the collar safely and ethically.
Remember that a strong shock collar should only be used as a last resort for training, and should always be used responsibly and with consideration for your dog’s well-being.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) Are shock collars safe for large dogs?
When used correctly and responsibly, shock collars can be a safe and effective tool for training large dogs. However, it’s important to use the collar according to the manufacturer’s instructions and to avoid overusing it or using it as a form of punishment.
Q) How long does it take to train a dog with a shock collar?
The time it takes to train a dog with a shock collar varies depending on the dog’s temperament and the desired behavior. Consistent and positive reinforcement training is necessary, and it can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks to see results.
Q) Are there any alternatives to using a shock collar for training large dogs?
Yes, there are alternative training methods such as positive reinforcement training, clicker training, and behavior modification techniques that can be effective for training large dogs without the use of a shock collar.
Q) Can shock collars be used for aggressive behavior in large dogs?
Shock collars may be used for aggressive behavior in large dogs, but only under the guidance of a professional behaviorist or trainer. It’s important to address the root cause of the aggressive behavior and to use the collar in conjunction with positive reinforcement techniques to create a safe and positive training environment.
Q) Can shock collars be used for barking control?
Yes, shock collars can be used for barking control, but it’s important to choose a collar with a bark sensor and to use the lowest effective level of stimulation.
Q) How often should I use a shock collar on my large dog?
Use the collar only as needed and for short periods of time, and avoid using it for extended periods. It’s important to use the collar in conjunction with positive reinforcement training and to always monitor your dog’s behavior.
When it comes to training your large dog, choosing the right shock collar is crucial. It’s essential to choose a shock collar that is reliable, durable, and effective in training.
The all four shock collars listed above are the best electricity shock collars for large dogs that you can find in the market. They all are designed explicitly for large dogs that are tough to train and are suitable for different types of training.
Always ensure that you use the shock collar appropriately and consult a professional trainer if necessary. With the right shock collar and proper training, your furry friend can now become a well-behaved and obedient pet.